The Egyptian government have finally agreed to open its border for Nigerians stranded in Sudan to come in but with some stringent conditions and guidelines.
According to Abike Dabiri, Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), The border was opened with stringent conditions after President Buhari’s intervention with the Egyptian President, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
She said the processing of evacuees by the Nigerian Embassy in Egypt will begin soon.
Some of the conditions include:
1. Details and schedule of the Aircrafts. Capacity of the Aircrafts.
2. Strong Pledge that once our citizens departs the border, they will be conveyed directly to the designated Airport.
3. Comprehensive List of the Evacuees, with passport numbers.
4. Valid Travel Documents (Passport or ETC)
5. Presence of Nigeria Government Officials at the points of Embarkation.
6. Standby buses that will immediately convey them to the Airport.”